Soup is always welcome in our household on cold rainy nights, though this soup recipe is a big favourite that comes out on other nights too.
Not your normal pumpkin soup recipe, this recipe has my secret flavour boosting additions, which can be chopped and changed to suit your own family’s taste, or dietary requirements.
Special Pumpkin Soup Recipe
(Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
1 whole Pumpkin
3 rashes of Bacon, diced
1 medium Onion, diced
1 tablespoon of Garlic, minced
1 litre of Water, boiling
1 can of Coconut Milk
- Peel & chop up the pumpkin.
- Fry the bacon & onion till cooked.
- Add the pumpkin, bacon, onion, garlic & water to a large Slow Cooker bowl.
- Cook on high for 6 hours, then turn down to medium till dinner time.
- Add the can of coconut milk.
- Blitz with a hand blender to break down the chunks & mix the ingredients. CAUTION: Soup is very hot at this point and can scald your skin.
- Serve with croutons or toast.
- Remove bacon for a Vegan friendly option.
- Replace Coconut Milk with Cream.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can still cook this meal in a big pot on the stove top, for approx a hour of boiling before blending. Though add more boiling water to ensure you are covering the pumpkin, at the start.